I had another rough run this morning. I got up way too early, my stomach was not happy with me and my legs hurt like heck. Despite being with my cute friends and perfect weather, it was horrible. So horrible, in fact, that I napped after (the advantages of running at 4:30 are few but being able to nap after is one of them). So in lieu of writing about my crappy run, hurting legs and raging nausea, I’m going to make a list of things that make me happy.
1. It’s spring. The weather is finally warmer (I HATE to be cold) and it’s not yet 100 degrees at 8am. My tulips are blooming, the days are getting longer and it’s almost summer. That’s awesome.
2. Comments from you guys. It means so much to be encouraged by all of you who read this blog. I love seeing an email that someone has commented.
3. My automatic coffee maker. Having the coffee already fresh and hot at 4:30am is fantastic.
4. New running shoes. There is nothing like the first run in a pair of brand new running shoes. It’s like running on springy pillows! Luckily (or not) for me, I blow through them about every 10-12 weeks, so I get this feeling often.
5. My post run bowl of oatmeal. I live for my morning oatmeal. Sometimes I even want to go to bed sooner so I can eat it more quickly. Is that weird?
6. Not being injured anymore. Being injured was horrible. Enough there.
7. Having active friends to share my running with. I love that a lot of my friends are active and instead of catching up over ice cream (although we do that too) we go on a run or bike ride to catch up. Something about being active brings your defenses down and gives you a level of friendship that you don’t get otherwise.
8. Living in a town that has amazing parks, trails and places to run that are safe, well-lit and have bathrooms and drinking fountains.
9. Living in a town that seriously has a race every single weekend from February-December. If I want to race, I just have to take my pick.
10. Finally, my family makes me happy. I love them.
What makes you happy?