I can’t believe it’s June 1st. This year is flying by like I can’t believe. Seriously, I feel like it was just New Years and I was just recovering from CIM. I didn’t write down any concrete goals for myself at the beginning of the year but I did have a few things. So how am I doing?
1. Have fun and put less pressure on my running. I have definitely done this. Although I’m training hard as ever (actually, given my schedule, probably harder) I’m not chasing a particular goal or time or putting all my eggs in one basket. I’m just enjoying the fact that I’m able to train. Some days I feel unfocused but I do have a schedule and I am sticking to it, so it’s not bad.
2. PR in the half marathon. Nope. I tried once with disastrous result and other races keep slipping out from under me. It’s fine though, I’ll get there.
3. Run with people who push me. Check, check and check. I have loved running with other people who push me. I’ve been able to complete workouts and long runs that I would have skipped or done much slower on my own. It’s also made me value the runs I do alone– and I’ve found I truly like a mix of both.
4. Lose the last 5 lbs I need to be at optimal racing weight. Check and then uncheck. Giving up sweets at lent lightened me up big time but then I ate them again! It’s fine though, I’m not that stressed.
5. Add strength and core work. Yep! I’ve been going to yoga 2-3 times per week and it has totally kept my injuries under control. LOVE it!
I should make some mid year goals. Some things have changed for me in the last few months and in light of that, I should do some revising. Maybe I will. Stay tuned!
I had a good weekend of running. Saturday I ran 9 miles with friends followed by a delicious, fun brunch and Sunday I ran 10 miles just because. Both were in the 8:50 range and both felt good. I kept my runs easy yesterday and today and also went to yoga a few times. I’ve been eating terribly (cookies and wine for dinner last night, oops) so I’m trying to get back on track there. My body is definitely crying for some real food!